Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Last day of mining

Today I was working with Florian and Victor on the last coding day of our datamining project. I learned a few tricks for latex and git (As always when i work with Florian). It's nice to do "git rebase master origin" instead of just git pull. The rebase will lift all my commits, apply commits I am missing and then apply my new commits on top. I also learned of gitk, a nice tool to get a an overview of the branches.

Finally I discussed the meaning of showing a confusion matrix for 10 runs of KNN. I argued that it does not make sense as we are talking about the quality of a specific model, not the general ability of KNN. In real life I guess we would run KNN and test it, and the for the final implication we would train on all data and not leave any for testing. I should ask Julia Trogelius about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment