Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Microsoft Test Manager

Today I was conducting a test on Effektor using Microsoft Test Manager. It's a simple tool that makes it easier to record findings in explorative tests. I also got to do a bit of T-SQL and learned that you can't SELECT on an EXEC command and have to jump through all kinds of hoops if you are unlucky enough. If you are lucky you can INSERT INTO some tmp table and then select from there, but I had an error because of an excisting rollback in the procedure.

Yesterday was the first day in the coursera course "Introduction to mathematical Philosophy" which was really interesting. I learned a bit about Zeno's paradox and Cantor's theorem, although I think I will have to watch that last one again. The course also reminded me of a few of the interesting things from Discrete Math, really recommendable. Course is here: https://class.coursera.org/mathphil-001/class/index

Last thing was something I relearned but will have to try and remember. When working in windows always use "alt+space" a lot, it saves the long trip to the upper right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment