Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Treating two departments as one for some purposes, but as two for other.

Today I was working on MKC Planner where I needed to treat two departments as one in some cases and as two in other. I the case where they where one I then need to split the work assigned to the "union" between the two actual departments underneath. I ended up solving it by using three methods:

WeakUnion:

Given department a,b,c,d,e we want (a + b),c,d and e to have equal work for some tasks and a,b,c,d and e to have equal work for others:

1. Ignore(dep a)
Distribute(some)
2. Reconsider(dep a)
3. Split(from b, to a)
Distribute(others)

Also: when you want GIT to ignore a folder you can use "git rm -r <foldername>". If the folder is already in older versions of the repository you can use "git rm -r --cached <foldername>".

No comments:

Post a Comment